Note: AMICO is no longer accepting new subscriptions. These pages are maintained for historical reasons.
What is The AMICO Library?
The AMICO Library is a growing on-line collection of high-quality, digital documentation of works of art from around the world. Images, text and multimedia represent a broad range of works of art in AMICO Member collections. AMICO Library content is rights-cleared for a range of educational uses.
How is The AMICO Library made available?
The AMICO Library is available under subscription to educational institutions colleges and universities, primary and secondary schools, public libraries, and not-for-profit museums, galleries and art centers. Individuals may be eligible to subscribe under the terms of the Unaffiliated Scholars license if they are not employees of eligible institutions.
To meet the needs of many different kinds of users, including researchers, curators, college and university students, primary school teachers and public library patrons, AMICO Library subscriptions are available through a number of Distributors. Subscribers select among Distributors' delivery services and software to find a delivery environment that suits them. The unaffiliated scholars license is currently only avaible through Cartography Associates.
Are free trials available?
- Yes. Trials are available to representatives of not-for-profit institutions eligible to subscribe to The AMICO Library. Please complete our on-line form.
- If you are an individual interested in obtaining access to the AMICO Library under the terms of the unaffiliated scholars license, go to: http://www.davidrumsey.com/amico/individual_subscribe.html.
Is a consortial pricing discount available for an AMICO Library subscription?
How does my institution subscribe to The AMICO Library?
- Complete the AMICO Library License Agreement that corresponds to your institution type, request service from the selected Distributor, and pay the annual license fee.
- Use the Distributor links above for details.
Can my institution subscribe to The AMICO Library through multiple distributors?
- AMICO will waive its license fee for the second and subsequent subscription to The AMICO Library and in its place, charge only a flat administrative fee $500 for each additional subscription after the first. This policy will go into effect with any new subscriptions/renewals and is not retroactive.
- No additional AMICO Library License is required. Only one license is necessary regardless of the Distributor. AMICO Distributors will still charge a service fee for their delivery of The AMICO Library. A Distribution Agreement will be required with each Distributor.
- If you would like to order The AMICO Library through multiple distributors, please follow the normal procedure; place your order directly with the Distributor. When asked about your enrollment, let the Distributor know that you already have a subscription in place, and that you are interested in an additional Distributor. AMICO will verify this fact with the Distributor, prior to the commencement of service.
Review resources to enhance your use of The AMICO Library.